Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chamonix - Mt. Blanc

I went to Chamonix and Mount Blanc two months ago and just realized I never actually posted what I had written or put up pictures… so here you go!

On our way to Mt. Blanc, we stopped in a little village called Albertville, where one of the winter Olympics were held (in addition to Grenoble and Chamonix itself).  It was an adorable medieval village winding up into a hillside.  

We had our picnic lunches when we got there, sitting in a park in the cute little town, where it was sunny and warm.  Then we all went up in the téléphérique car together, which was fine and a great view up to the middle station.  Then, from the middle to the top, I got quite worried!  We were quite crammed in for 10 minutes before leaving… so we couldn’t really breathe.  The worst part was really the stopping in mid-air and slightly rocking back and forth for 5 minutes eek! 


But it was all worth it when we reached the top!  It was absolutely one of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen.  I felt like I was on another planet, I’d really never seen anything quite like it.  There was snow and ice completely surrounding us everywhere, and we were literally in the mountaintops.  I think the Abominable Snowman lives there :)

It was incredibly windy and sooooo COLD, but really exciting!  What a fun experience- I’m really glad I got a chance to do it!

 

Chamonix - Mt. Blanc

No comments: