Thursday, January 31, 2008

Moments


I love moments.  Maybe that doesn't make much sense to people, but I just love to stop and relish upon a good moment from time to time. 

 

Helping my host brother with his English homework and describing (with full hand gestures) the importance of pronunciation in the word “mouse” so that it does not sound like “moose.”  

Observing the beauty of three generations giggling as a little boy and his mother cram into the busy tram huddling around the grandmother.    

Eating tiramisu in Venice with friends who were strangers a week previously and laughing so hard it hurts. 

Walking into an adorable patisserie and being overwhelmed by the wonderful smells of the breads and pastries. 

 

These are the moments that remind me why I am here.  The last few days have had me on a roller coaster of emotions, feeling fresh and confidant one moment, and helpless and frustrated the next.  I think all of these emotions are a necessary part of the experience.  I feel like I am at a very important and happy place in my life.  I am challenging myself every single day, working my brain to wrap itself around complicated grammatical structures, confusing bus schedules, and emotionally tolling long days.  I am excited for the adventures and experiences that lie ahead!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Michelle, we have something in common, "Moments" are really special to me. moments to me are like just taking the time, any moment, any thing, and looking at that moment as if it were the first time I ever saw that moment. Thats why kids are so special, I get to see the looks of a child experiencing first moments all day long...its like one miracle after another, and you realize how miraculous God really is to have created every thing.

Thankyou for sharing your moments, adventures and pictures with us, this way we can journey with you.

By the way, your getting out of a lot of shoveling, hehehheheheh

Love ya....Lynna