Friday, February 15, 2008

Ma Chambre

This post may be slightly boring, but here are some pictures from my daily life here in Grenoble.  I really like my host family and their house.  They have had many other foreign students over the years, so the "student" room I live in seems to have accumulated lots of random books, maps, and other oddities over the past decade.  

Here's the desk from where I sit typing at this very moment:

My dresser - *Note the random antique phone on top haha :)  

My bed - *Note the beautiful flower puzzle wall decoration that is my permanent Skype background (you know you love it, Mom!)
The bathroom I am constantly getting soaking wet because there is no shower curtain 

The grand finale ... 
                 my favorite part of my room ... 
                                     I don't know if you're ready for this ... 
                                                       ready? ... 

the Pocahontas Paper Lantern that surrounds the ceiling lamp!  


It makes me happy :)  Have a great weekend everyone!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Grandma Jahnke:
I am really enjoying your blog:your writing is so interesting and well thought out. It is so nice to read about your wonderful experiences and to see your pictures. It sounds like you are having a great educational experience and seeing so many new places in the world. I know your family can't wait to join you soon.

We are having another snowstorm. I had to miss both bowling and dancing this Thursday due to the huge snowstorm and blowing of the snow-that is a first for me. I am having Lasagna with your family today, Sat, because we are expecting another snowstorm on Sunday and I probably won't get out again.

I will look forward to seeing more information and pictures on the blog.
Hugs and Kisses
Grandma Jahnke